Welcome to the Washougal National in Washougal, WA. This legendary race marks Round 9 of the 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.
We are proud to bring you the very best professional motocross athletes in the world.
Track Address/Contact Us
Pro Race Schedule
Post Event Info
- Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing
- Loretta Lynn's AMA Amateur National Regional and Qualifiers
- Washougal Hi-Point Series
- Spartan Run
- Pacific Northwest Championship Series
- Pacific Racing Organization Top Gun
2013 WASHOUGAL NATIONAL WINNERS
- 450 Class: Ryan Villopoto (Monster Energy Kawasaki)
- 250 Class: Eli Tomac (Geico Honda)
- Open Air Festival Seating
- Infield Track Viewing via Seven Track Tunnels
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Onsite Camping
- Enjoy fishing in our private stocked pond
- Grandstand Seating
- VIP Super ticket Viewing Areas with live PA feed, live timing and scoring, live race footage, private restrooms, and catering
- Shaded Picnic Areas
- Nearly 100% track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Beer Concessions
- Onsite Parking
- Motorcycle Parking
- Handicap Parking
- RV septic pump service
- Pets must be leashed at all times and remain in your camp site
- No alcohol allowed to be brought into the park during the National event
- No firearms allowed in the park at anytime
- Cash Only
Kids GA (6-11)
Camping (per vehicle)
Wed - Sat
VIP Super Ticket (13 & Over) $200 | (12 & Under) $150
Friday & Saturday July 25 & 26, 2014 covered area with bleachers adjacent to trackside, catered lunch Saturday from 11:30a - 1:30p, soft drinks and water all day. All day paddock entry, event t-shirt, program and Washougal hat pin. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS
Elite Pro Pit Pass | $85
(July 26th) Reserved seating adjacent to the famous washougal whoops, with a view of the track. All day/hot pit access. Not valid for gate entry - must be accompanied by a general admission ticket. (limited availability) ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS
Early Entry Parking / Overnight Camping Pass | $200
Purchase this pass to beat the Wednesday rush of campers and enter the raceway Tueday July 22nd, 2014 at 9am. This pass will allow first choice of premier camping without the wait in the field! This will include your camping fee for the week but will NOT include your admission fees. This pass must be accompanied by general admission tickets. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS
Other than the race track, the Pro Pits is where the action is. There are two types of pit passes, Early Entry and Racer X All Day. Early Entry Pit Passes grant access to the Pro Pits from 9 am until 12 pm noon and are available to purchase on the day of the event at the Announcers' Tower. Racer X All Day Pit Passes grant access to the Pro Pits all day and will be available for purchase in the Spring 2013 online in advance and on-site at the Racer X Booth on Vendor Row the day of the event.
Racer X All Day
|Where To Buy||On Site at the Announcer's Tower (Sat)||Online in Spring 2014 and On Site at the Racer X Booth (Sat)|
|Access||9 am - 12 pm||All Day|
PRO PIT RULES
- Alcohol is PROHIBITED in the Pro Pits.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult pass-holder.
- You may not access the track at any time.
- There will be scheduled autograph sessions at various team rigs. Autographs are only available as scheduled. Autographs are not guaranteed. Purchase of a Pit Pass does not guarantee that you will obtain a pro autograph.
- Anyone removing or taking an item from a team rig or pit area without permission will be prosecuted.
- Entry to the Pro Pits is at your own risk. You are responsible for your own safety.
Washougal MX Park
40912 NE Borin Rd
Washougal, WA 98671
Tavi Huffman, Director
Click HERE to download the 2014 Washougal National Weekend Schedule.
We want you to have a fun and safe national weekend. Please abide by these simple rules:
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports, can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children a safe distance from the racetrack. Parents, you are responsible for the safety of your children. Be aware of their location at all times.
- Never turn your back to oncoming racers.
- Prohibited. We do not permit pets, fireworks, glass beverage containers, kegs, scaffolding or weapons.
- No Pit Vehicles. We do not allow pit bikes, quads, scooters, golf carts, etc. Race bikes may be ridden at a walking pace to and from your moto only.
- No Open Campfires. Gas and charcoal cooking grills ONLY permitted.
- Search Policy. All vehicles are subject to search at any time. We are not responsible for the safe return of any contraband removed.
- Quiet time is 11:00 pm nightly. No loud generators after this time.
- Midnight Curfew. All campers must be at their campsites by midnight.
- Tickets. Your armband is your weekend ticket and must be worn at all times. If you leave the facility, you must have it on in order to re-enter. This is your gate ticket. Do not take it off.
- Fire Extinguishers. All campers/haulers over 20‘ in length should be equipped with a fully functioning fire extinguisher.
- Campsites. There are no electric or water hookups. Primitive camping only.
- NO CAMP FIRES!
- Gates close daily from midnight to 6:00 am. You may leave after this time, but many not re-enter until 6:00 am. Please plan accordingly.
- Gate prices do not change until Midnight. If you arrive prior to midnight, you will be charged that day’s admission.
- We will park you as you arrive, in the next available space, in the area of your choice. You may not save spots for people who will arrive later. Camping spaces are no wider than 20’.
- All vehicles on the premises overnight must have a camping permit.
- STAY OFF THE TRACK. The racetrack is off limits to spectators. Only registered racers and authorized personnel are permitted on the race track. No one is permitted on the racetrack at night.
- DO NOT take the banners. Banners and event signage are the Private Property of the Promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft. Don’t be a thief!
- Medical Insurance. We do not have medical insurance for racers, and urge you not to race without it.
- Restricted. No riding in the woods or on the stock car track at any time. Violators are subject to disqualification. Other event information: • TRASH. Please use our trash receptacles. If you need trash bags, you can get them from the front gate.
- GENERAL INFORMATION is located at the Main Gate.
- RIDER INFORMATION is located at Rider Registration.
- WILL CALL is located at the Main Gate (Friday 9AM - 5PM & Saturday 7AM - 2PM).
- FIRST AID is located at the Ambulance Station.
- SECURITY is headquartered at the Main Gate.
- LOST & FOUND is located at Rider Registration.
Portland, OR: Take I-5 to I-205 to Hwy 14- Go East to Washougal - On 15th Street turn left - Go 8 ½ miles to 412th - Make a left on 412th / Alder Rd. - To Borin Rd, turn Left. - Track is ½ mile down on the right.
- Heathman Lodge: 360-254-3100
- Holiday Inn Express: 360-253-5000
- Phoenix Inn: 360-891-09777
- Residence Inn: 360-253-4800
- Springhill Suites: 360-260-1000
- StaybridgeSuites: 360-891-8282
Portland International Airport (PDX)
Directions to track: Start out going Southwest - Turn slight left onto NE Airport Way - Merge onto I-205 N via the ramp on the Left toward Seattle (Crossing into Washington). - Merge onto WA-14 E via Exit 27 toward Camas. - Turn left onto 15TH ST.15TH ST becomes 17TH ST.17TH ST becomes N Washougal River Rd - Turn Slight left onto NE Hughes Rd - Turn right onto NE Borin Rd.
Southwest Washington Medical Center
420 NE Mother Joseph Place
Vancouver, WA 98664
Directions to Southwest Washington Medical Center: Hwy 14 West to Vancouver - Exit to Interstate I-205 - North to Seattle - Take Mill Plain West exit - Turn right onto Mother Joseph Place.
Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital
2211 NE 139th Street
Vancouver, WA 98686
Directions to Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital: Follow Highway 14 to I-205 North - Take NE 134th Street Exit 36 - Turn Left onto NE 134th - Turn Right onto NE 20th Avenue - Turn Right onto NE 139th Street - Follow to Hospital.
Washougal MX Park opened in April of 1972 and has hosted a round of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship every year but once since 1980 (the year of the Mount St. Helens volcano eruption, mere miles away). Washougal is known as one of the most scenic circuits in the entire sport, and many manufacturers and sponsors use the facility for television commercials and photo shoots. The track itself is located in the foothills of southwest Washington, amid a forest of fir trees near the Washougal River, with the beautiful Columbia River at the bottom of the mountain. It's an old-school motocross facility where spectators can enjoy the sights and sounds of racing up close as the track winds through many elevation changes, such as the famous Dunlop Horsepower Hill and Scott Ski Jump.
A motocross fan first and foremost, track owner/promoter Ralph Huffman worked himself into the ownership role at the facility because of his love not only for the Washougal track itself, but for motorcycle racing in general.
"I got into the sport when my boys started racing flat track and motocross," Huffman explains. "I began to help out Clarks Branch Cycle Club in Roseburg, Washington, where my boys practiced frequently. I had access to equipment that could benefit the facility. From there, I kept helping out more and more.
"In 1980 Wally Brosamle, the promoter for Washougal, asked me to help out the first year they hosted an AMA Pro Motocross Championship event," Huffman continues. "Each year I helped out with the national. In 1985, he sold out to Bill Cantrell and I offered to continue to help with the event."
But things did not go so smoothly, and the track was removed from the national schedule in 1987. "That's when I stepped up to take over the facility with the help of my wife, Carolyn." Huffman adds. It didn't take long for the AMA to take notice, and in 1988, the national returned. Since then, the facility has boasted improvements every year. "I finally bought the facility in 1995," Huffman explains, "and we've hosted a national every year since and look forward to many more to come."