2013 Paddock Guidelines
Will Call/Rider Services:
- Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
Rider Coach/Bus Parking
- Thursday: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Race Team Semis
- Friday: Stage 8:30 am
- Park 9:00 am
IBA Sponsors: 9:20 am
Privateers: 9:30 am
Please see track specific instructions for staging and semi directions.
If you need special assistance or have questions, please call John Ayers at 724-333-3838 or email at email@example.com.
Teams are parked according to OEM brands. We have found this works best for providing support and also to create a better flow for the fans in the paddock.
- Open to Credential Holders
- Friday: 9:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Saturday: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Open to General Public
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
During the time the Paddock is open to the public vehicles may not enter or leave the Paddock.
Tech Inspection: Mandatory
Friday: 1 - 2 pm: Top 20 riders in the 250/450 Classes
2 - 5 pm: All other riders
Mandatory items required: Motorcycle
Security: Promoter will provide continuous paddock security from Friday 9:00 am thru Saturday 6:00 pm. However, Promoter cannot secure you and your property from all circumstances and is not responsible for losses or damages. The Paddock will be accessible to fans on Saturday from 9 am to Noon. Please plan accordingly and secure your personal belongings. Although crowd control security is provided, riders/participants are ultimately responsible for the safe-keeping of their equipment and personal property.
Rental Cars: Vehicles may not be parked in the Paddock without a parking pass, i.e., cars, trucks, vans, SUV’s, including those towed behind motor coaches. Only authorized rental vehicles permitted; said vehicles will be designated with a special parking pass.
Hard Card Lot: Hard card holders with rental cars may park in a designated non-secure lot adjacent to the Paddock. Other guests may park in a designated non-secure lot located as close as possible to the Paddock.
Rider Unloading: Team personnel may bring vehicles into the Paddock for the limited purpose of unloading equipment, gear, groceries, etc. The driver of the vehicle must leave his season credential with the Security Guard at the Paddock entrance, and will have a maximum of 15 minutes to unload. Credentials will be returned when the vehicle exits the paddock.
Rider Motor Coaches, will park on Thursday at 3:00pm. Please secure all items before retiring for the evening. It is your responsibility to secure their personal property and belongings, including motorcycle(s). Each OEM will be permitted one motor coach next to their semi. The current class champions will also be allowed to park next to their team semi. All other RV’s will be placed in a designated motor coach area within the Paddock. All units must vent generator exhaust to the top of their unit and have a fully functioning fire extinguisher readily available in case of an emergency.
Team Vehicles: Teams will be allowed one “team” vehicle in their assigned Paddock area, with the following restrictions:
- Team vehicles must display a “Team Vehicle Pass”.
- Team vehicles must have “team graphics”. “Sponsor only” graphics will not be permitted.
- Team vehicles shall remain parked until the end of the day.
- Exotic vehicles and vehicles without graphics are not considered team vehicles and must park in the rental car lot.
Team Carts: Race Teams with a cart pass will be permitted use of a team cart to access the Paddock, Starting line and Mechanics areas. These carts must have a cart pass issued by MX Sports Pro Racing (hereinafter “MX Sports”) and comply with the MX Sports cart policies. Only authorized vehicles will be permitted on the infield, i.e., MX Sports staff, NPG/Promoter staff, and the Asterisk/Medical staff. Team carts will not be permitted to leave the Paddock after 10:00 am and may not enter the general spectator area or the race track or infield areas at any time, for any purpose.
Pit Bikes: The use of “pit bikes” is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to revocation of credentials and/or privileges.
Promotional and Product Items: The distribution of any promotional items or products by teams, riders, sponsors or others is strictly prohibited in the Paddock without prior written MX Sports approval.
- Promotional items or products include, but are not limited to: Energy Drinks, stickers, videos, DVD’s, compact discs (cd’s), video games, flags, visors, key chains, koozies, catalogs, flyers, coupons, magnets, pens/pencils, vehicle, bicycles, motorcycles, or motorcycle products. The distribution of bags is permitted and may include a prominent team logo. All artwork must be approved by MX Sports.
- The distribution of bags bearing the team name is allowed but may only include the team logo. All artwork on any such bags shall be subject to the prior written approval of MX Sports
- Team or sponsor mascots, models, brand ambassadors, spokes persons, etc are only allowed in the confines of the space provided to the teams; and all such mascots, models, brand ambassadors, etc are subject to the prior written approval of MX Sports in its sole discretion.
Sampling of any products, food or beverage (including energy drinks) is strictly prohibited without prior written MX Sports approval. Food products, energy drinks, and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted for personal, self-contained team use only.
Team Space Area:
- The total length of your vehicle/transporter shall extend from the nose to the end of the lift gate and awning width with the understanding that the length shall not exceed one hundred (100) feet and the width shall not exceed thirty (30) feet. The maximum height shall not exceed fourteen feet (14’). Additional space is prohibited without the prior written consent of MX Sports in its sole and absolute discretion.
- All team sponsor displays must be contained under each team’s existing transporter awning. Additional awnings, umbrellas, ez-ups, etc. shall not be allowed for the purpose of displaying, exhibiting or marketing team sponsors.
- ALL competitor transport vehicles must have an ABC40 class fire extinguisher in their approved pit area.
Trash /Fuel / Oil / Coolant Dumping:
- All trash will be disposed of in approved containers.
- The dumping of fuel, motor oil, coolant, grey water, and black water in the paddock area or on the Venue property is strictly prohibited and would subject any violators to immediate eviction from the paddock area and perhaps from the venue, and also, any violators may be subject to prosecution under applicable law.
- Please use the designated trash containers. Do not place full large plastic trash bags in the barrels, as that will fill them up. Place trash bags on the ground beside the barrels and staff will remove them.
- Most venues have dumpsters located within the Paddock. Please take your full trash bags to the dumpsters for disposal.
Track Access: The racetrack and the infield is a restricted area. Unless specifically approved, a season/event credential does NOT provide access to restricted areas. In order to access the track/infield, a #2 wristband is required and will be distributed to the authorized persons Friday before each event. Unauthorized persons entering a restricted area may have their credential revoked or may be escorted off the property.
“S” Pass: An “S” or Signal Pass provides access to the Signal Area, Start Line and Podium. An “S” pass must be accompanied by a season or event credential.
Rider Access: A pro license entitles qualified riders access to the Signal Area and the race track infield during timed qualifying sessions ONLY. These areas are restricted during moto racing.
Signal/Mechanics Area: The entrance and exit lanes to the Signal Area are marked. Please make note of these locations, as riders will only be able to enter/exit as designated.
Industry Seating: This area is reserved for riders and their crew/guests to watch the racing action. As a courtesy from MX Sports, a live TV feed is provided along with drinks and a snack.
Event Information: Weekend Schedules and track maps will be posted on the MX Sports website Wednesday and at the MX Sports semi Friday. The track map will identify the Wheels on the Ground (WOG) locations, Signal/Mechanics Area and Industry Seating, among other important track elements.
Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the Paddock prior to and during racing.
We hope you and your crew have a great weekend, and thanks for being part of the best motocross series in the world.