2014 Pro Motocross License Application
This online application must be completed before your AMA Pro Racing Motocross License will be approved. Please print your release and have it notarized before mailing to AMA Pro Racing. For questions, please call (304) 284-0101 and ask for Kelly.
1. All riders participating in any on-track activities (e.g., practice, qualifying, racing, etc.) must have a valid AMA Pro Racing and/or FIM World Championship Motocross License of the appropriate classification and be officially entered in the event. An AMA Pro Racing Motocross License includes an AMA membership.
2. Obtaining an AMA Pro Racing Motocross License and registering for events is a 4-step process:
3. Step 2 documents must be received by AMA Pro Racing no later than 30 days prior to your first event of the season. License applications will only be approved in advance and will not be accepted or approved at an event.
4. Upon receipt, AMA Pro Racing will confirm that all information has been completed correctly. Processing delays are typically a result of incomplete paperwork.
5. Upon approval, a competition number will be issued, and your information forwarded to MX Sports for issuance of a credential.
6. Licenses will be available for pickup at Rider Services/Will Call at all AMA Pro Motocross Championship events, as well as the final round of the Supercross series. Licenses will not be mailed. You must show a photo ID in order to pickup the license.
7. MX Sports will notify you by email that your application has been approved and provide you with login information to your online MX Sports Rider Profile Account.
8. Through your Rider Profile Account you can register for events, purchase event tickets, update and maintain sponsors, and manage banking and contact information. It is important that you update your Rider Profile as soon as possible upon receipt of login information.
9. Finally, prior to being accepted for entry for any AMA Pro Racing Motocross event, you must provide documentation that you have completed the ImPACT Concussion Management Test.
Step 1: Pro MX License Rider Information
STEP 2: Required Documents to be sent to AMA Pro Racing, Florida
Complete all forms clearly. Do not leave any information blank. Forms are editable.
1. AMA Pro Racing Motocross License Application
2. AMA Pro Racing Motocross License Payment Form
3. AMA Pro Racing Membership Terms And Conditions
4. AMA Annual Participant Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement. Form must be signed and notarized. Minors: BOTH Parents/Guardians must also sign.
5. MXS Adult/Minor All-Event Release, Waiver and Indemnity Agreement. Form must be signed and notarized. Minors: BOTH Parents/Guardians must also sign.
6. Mail completed forms to AMA Pro Racing directly to the below address. DO NOT mail forms to MX Sports. Faxed and/or emailed forms will not be accepted.New Applications: Include an original or certified copy of your birth certificate. If you would like your birth certificate returned, include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Foreign Riders: Attach a Start Permission Release and Certification from your home licensing federation.
AMA Pro Racing
ATTN: Membership Services Doris Pitts
525 Fentress Blvd, Ste B. (386) 492-1014
Daytona Beach, FL 32114 firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 3: Rider Profile
MX Sports will notify you by email when your application has been approved and will provide you with login information for your online MX Sports Rider Profile.
Through your Rider Profile you can register for events, purchase event tickets, update and maintain sponsors, and manage banking and contact information. It is important that you update your Rider Profile as soon as possible upon receipt of login information.
Purse payout will be issued 7 to 14 days following an event in one of the following two ways: (1) direct deposit into your bank account or (2) check by mail. You must complete the Purse Payment information in your Rider Profile in order to receive payment by means of method 1 (direct deposit).
Payment may be issued in the name of the rider or in the name of a company/business. In order to issue payment to a company/business, the proper company/business name, address and IRS form must be submitted in lieu of that of the rider.
Riders earning $600 and more in annual purse earnings will receive a 1099-MISC tax form from MX Sports Pro Racing.
STEP 4: Concussion Testing
Prior to being accepted for entry for any AMA Pro Motocross event, you must provide documentation that you have completed the ImPACT Concussion Management Test, to be used by the series Medical Director to assist in determining when a rider may return to competition after suffering a concussion.
Email the verification of testing by CLICKING HERE.
ImPACT concussion tests are good for 2 years. If your test was taken in 2012, you are due to take the test again in 2014.
Thank you for your application. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your application or event registration email us by CLICKING HERE, or contact us at 304.284.0101.